Plans for South Oxford Science Village are at very early stages. We undertook early consultation with residents in the area in January 2017 and are now considering the feedback and views submitted to us.
At the moment, we are still in an indicative phase. We believe that a proposal in this location could sustainably accommodate:
- Approximately 3,000 new homes, with a significant element of affordable housing
- An extension to the existing Science Park to provide jobs
- Primary and secondary schools
- Green spaces including sports pitches, parks and countryside areas
- Infrastructure improvements including a network of cycleways and paths, a Park and Ride with bus services into Oxford, and a new access route to the centre of Oxford
You can view a slightly more detailed overview of the emerging proposals by visiting the consultation page.