South Oxford Science Village can sustainably deliver:
- Approximately 3,000 new homes, of which 40% will be desperately needed affordable housing for people needing homes in the region.
- An extension to the existing Science Park to provide new job opportunities for residents, and economic benefits which new business can bring.
- Excellent new primary and secondary schools to ensure the community can provide for the educational needs of residents.
- A new district centre providing further job opportunities and community assets including shopping and leisure facilities.
- Vast green spaces including sports pitches, parks and landscaped gardens to provide a greener, more open character for the development and improving the health and wellbeing of residents.
- Infrastructure improvements including a network of cycleways and paths, a Park and Ride with bus services into Oxford, and a new access route to the centre of Oxford ensuring that residents can move around efficiently to access the employment opportunities and facilities nearby.